|Job Description : |
We are the newest quilt shop in the coastal bend specializing in high quality fabrics and notions and fun classes! We are looking for creative, positive and energetic people to add to our staff.
Duties will include:
- Giving each customer the best experience by warmly greeting them, have a genuine interest in their projects, and helping them select patterns, fabrics and notions to best fit their needs.
- Updating of social media platforms and shop website to keep the quilting/crafting community up to date on exciting things going on in the shop.
- Assist with custom quilt construction, quilting and shop displays
- General shop duties like restocking and keeping shop orderly and clean
- Operate and conduct "end of day" cash register operation.
This job is SEW for you if...
This is a part time position offering between 20 - 24 hours a week
- you are able to do basic math, especially fractions
- can operate a computer and have experience with Microsoft Office or similar programs
- are able to maintain/ create/ edit current social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram and Twitter
- are willing to learn all facets of the quilt shop industry - including custom quilt construction and large quilting machines
- can work until 8 PM one day a week,some Saturdays, occasional special events, and have a fairly flexible schedule
- are able to stand for long periods of time and lift 30+ pounds
- have at least 2 years of prior retail experience
- have sewing/quilting experience (nice, but not required!)
We offer a true, hometown, small business family feel with a fun, casual and creative working environment, including on the job training and an employee discount!
Send resume with cover sheet to
Info@sewhookedcc.com by 3/1/2019